Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Every single time I listen to music I'll forget to turn it back to game mode, when I go into BF2 I have no sound because of this. The idea of having to change modes is rediculous!
Haha ya i hate it sometimes too. Half the time i forget and wonder why my stuff sounds weird...But it does only take a few seconds..Does anyone know of a shortcut?
I just wish you could use some kind of profile tool to automatically switch it or at least a single click tool to change modes, instead of this open the player/changer app...wait...click the change mode...wait... make the change... wait...etc...
I have a creative mode switcher short cut on my taskbar, 3 (quick) clicks and everything is changed...
The entire process doesn't bother me too much because I used to change my windows audio properties from speakers to headphones a lot... So to me, this is a similar process.
I never worry about the headphone because as I plug them into the front panel it is set to automatically switch to headphone CMSS 3D mode and mute the speakers.
I would love to see one or 2 things added to Modes switching myself. If nothing else a R-Click option to switch from the tray icon would at least be more convienent. Profiles you can associate to EXE's would be real sweet. That way could set up for each game and when you launch via profile it switches to what you want/need with no fuss which to me would be great but at least if they only did a tray addition would be more handy than way it is right now.
I use the X-FI mode switcher from Spectra9, works like a charm and you never have to manually switch the modes again. You can create profiles so it switches automatically when you start a game and as soon as you exit it switches back to whatever mode you set it.
X-Fi is not the first card to have a mode switcher. I have a Santa Cruz on my other PC and that has a mode switcher too, except it has a lot more modes than the Creative one and you can create custom modes too.
I sometimes forget to switch my X-Fi too but being able to switch modes is a cool feature IMO.