TwistedMetalGear
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Jun 19, 2005
- Messages
- 2,474
EDIT - to summarize this thread in one sentence, the problem is that midi files won't play unless the balance knob is either to the left or right, it won't play when it's in the center. Any ideas how to fix this?
Hey, I've got an X-Fi XtremeMusic and the first and only driver set I installed was the newest version from Creative's website. It didn't mention any need to install the CD drivers first so I didn't do that.
I haven't been having any trouble up until now, when I'm trying to play MIDI files. I have two programs I normally use that use the midi device for playback, a guitar metronome, and Guitar Pro, a program which displays and plays guitar tabs. Now the metronome will play the first beat and I get complete silence for all the others up until a point, like every 500th beat or so(just guessing)... So, if I crank the metronome up to 500 beats per second, it should be playing 500 clicks per second, but instead it only plays about 1 per second, and all other beats are completely silent.
So I installed Guitar Pro to further investigate the problem. Hey what do you know, this isn't working either. That is, until I adjust the fading knobs and make the sound play out of the right or left speakers. Then it works. Apparently it just doesn't work in the complete center. My midi's don't want to play in stereo for some reason.
I tried a few things. I went to system volume and midi synth is cranked all the way to 100% and NOT muted. I tried switching the midi devices to different ones all to no avail. I'm running out of options here.
Any ideas guys? Thanks.
edit - Also, when minimizing windows, such as this web browser window while a midi is playing, it ever so slightly causes the midi to get stuck or stretch out the current part it is playing by a millisecond or two. How is midi playback connected to minimizing windows?
Hey, I've got an X-Fi XtremeMusic and the first and only driver set I installed was the newest version from Creative's website. It didn't mention any need to install the CD drivers first so I didn't do that.
I haven't been having any trouble up until now, when I'm trying to play MIDI files. I have two programs I normally use that use the midi device for playback, a guitar metronome, and Guitar Pro, a program which displays and plays guitar tabs. Now the metronome will play the first beat and I get complete silence for all the others up until a point, like every 500th beat or so(just guessing)... So, if I crank the metronome up to 500 beats per second, it should be playing 500 clicks per second, but instead it only plays about 1 per second, and all other beats are completely silent.
So I installed Guitar Pro to further investigate the problem. Hey what do you know, this isn't working either. That is, until I adjust the fading knobs and make the sound play out of the right or left speakers. Then it works. Apparently it just doesn't work in the complete center. My midi's don't want to play in stereo for some reason.
I tried a few things. I went to system volume and midi synth is cranked all the way to 100% and NOT muted. I tried switching the midi devices to different ones all to no avail. I'm running out of options here.
Any ideas guys? Thanks.
edit - Also, when minimizing windows, such as this web browser window while a midi is playing, it ever so slightly causes the midi to get stuck or stretch out the current part it is playing by a millisecond or two. How is midi playback connected to minimizing windows?