X-FI + mic??

Ripped85

Limp Gawd
I picked up the x-fi audio for my 64 bit vista and i plug my mic in and it's not working, anyone know why it's doing this? I installed the drivers and everything.

check the volume control, make sure hte mic isnt muted and turned up a fair amount?

check the volume control, make sure hte mic isnt muted and turned up a fair amount?
Ummm. It's suppost to be muted. You don't want to hear yourself talk. Besides, it creates echo.

Ripped85, try to go into your Control Panel, in there check in "Audio Console" and "Sounds and Audio Devices". Make sure that everything has SB X-Fi. I had a similar issue that even after I installed the drivers, it still used the onboard audio. I had to change some manually, but now is all good. Also, go into your "THX Setup Console". Make sure that "FlexiJack Mode" is set to "Mic-In/Line-In". After all that, try to record yourself using maybe "Sound Recorder", the one that Windows comes with. Record and then play. Your not suppose to hear yourself talk, only hear your voice when you hit Play.
Ok man, hope that helps.

i know, but for testing purposes i unmute my mic and say a few things, hit it on the desk to see if i get anything through the speakers.

go into the driver settings somewhere, i forget where exactly now... the mic/line in jack can also be a digital i/o jack. make sure the flexi-jack (i think its offical name is that) setting is set to mic/line in

i dloaded the drivers, i lost the cd, i dont have a thx setup console, where can i get that?

Oh, yeah, for testing purposes works great.

So yeah, the THX Setup Console comes when you installed the drivers from the CD, but if you downloaded online i guess it would be the same thing. I'm not sure. It's located in your system tray, where you have the icon of this sound card. Left click it once, and a menu would show up, and i'll be easy to spot.

Back