X-fi - Mic 2 Gets "Unselected"

iRoNeTiK

Vodka Martinis are for the Weak
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
1,417
I have my mic plugged into the front panel of my X-fi fatal1ty and i switch to Game Mode to play games obviously but when BF2 loads or CSS loads (and during map changes) the Mic 2 box gets unselected in the Windows Audio Panel and I have to go in and reselect it. This is really annoying, I have to alt tab out and select it a lot.

I don't get why loading up a game or changing a map would change the windows audio settings.
 
Any valve game on start up will force windows to use the default microphone input (it's to help people who don't know any better, unfortunately as a side effect it hurts those who do know better). There's a launch option to disable this.
 
Back
Top