X-Fi Line-In 2/Mic 2 Problems

K

Korban_Dallas

Guest
Ok so I have been looking around for a solution to my problem and I have found people with the same problem and some people had some solutions none of witch has worked for me.

So anyway I just bought a Creative X-Fi Platinum Installed it installed the drivers and updated them. And the ports on the back of the sound card work fine I got my 5.1 Speakers working and if I plug my Mic in the back of the sound card it works. But if I use the Front bay, my Headset works fine (the Headphone part) but my Mic on my Headset does not work. I have some screen shots of my settings and I think I have them right...

Pic. 1 (Before trying to do the hardware test)

Now when I try to do a Windows hardware test it automatically switches my Record Input for Mic 1, and I have nothing plugged into Mic 1. and even if I switch it back to Mic. 2 it still does not work.

Pic. 2 (After trying to do a hardware test)

On the front drive itself I have the knob turned all the way to the right (Clockwise) as far as i can figure out Left (Counterclockwise) is to change it to the Line-In 2.

So anyway if anyone has any Ideas what I am doing wrong here I could really use the help. It kind of sucks to spend 160 on something and have it not work how you want.

P.S. the Headset that I am trying to use is this one

Headset
 
Did you put the jumper in place on the drive bay when you installed it? If so, that is to make the input only compatible with dynamic microphones.

But...if that is not the problem, try in different modes (such as music mode or creation mode)
 
I did try it with and with out the jumper and it made no difference in Game mode. But I did take your advice and tried Music Creation mode and it works there just not Entertainment or Game Mode, so apparently it only works in that mode so I guess that's the one I am going to use. I just got to get all the settings right now.

Thanks for the help,

Korban
 
Now there is a setting for mic input in the mixer in all modes. Also, many games do not recognize the mic 2 input as being valid, which complicated things.
 
Well that's the thing in Game mode I set the Record input for Line-In2/Mic2 and It does not work in Windows or in games. With it plugged into Mic2 in Audio Creation Mode DDO & Windows recognizes my Mic and works fine so I don’t know. I would like to use Game mode but Mic2 just wont work for me in that mode :(
 
Back
Top