X-Fi issue...SUPRISE!

gs274

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I've been getting the infamous squeal from my x-fi, reinstalled the drivers etc...it's done it 3 times in the past 2 days now. I'm thinking about replacing it...either the Xonar or the card that comes with the formula motherboard. Any opinions on either?

And before anyone says auzentech...my x-fi was purchased to replace a prelude which imo...does not sound any better than the creative card and has the same popping issues. So, bleh on auzen.

If you're not a hardcore gamer, the Xonar is a pretty good alternative, but it's got a its own share of issues and buggy drivers. I'm still having problems with BioShock that's keeping me from finishing it (crashes to desktop). Never had this problem with my X-FI.

what you need to do is pack up the prelude and send it to me :)
in return i will send you a razer ac-1 and something else

ok- try putting the x-fi in different pci slots. also try changing the pci latency in your mobo bios. try a value of 32.
does the squeal happen in a certain game only or just anywhere?

done all that...and it happens anywere..last one was...sitting overnight got up and it's squealing.

I would recommend the HT Omega Claro or Striker over any Creative product or the
Xonar. Read the Asus forums on the Xonar. Asus doesn't seem to be very interested in
solving the problems found in the Xonar.

You can get the HT Omega at Newegg or NCIX. Usually cheaper at NCIX.

Back