Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Regarding the breakout box on the platinum say...If I were to frequently switch between headphone and speaker output can i do this via software (assuming the card-proper has my speakers connected and the i/o slot has the headphones connected) with the headphone input on the internal i/o box? Or do I have to physically connect or disconnect to do this type of thing?
I only have the "cheap" Xfi model. I dont use headphones that much. If I recall correctly you can swap between phones and speakers via the software console. You would have to make sure the default is not to cancel speakers when phones are plugged in. I think thats correct, but Ive only had the card for a few days and Im still playing with all the new software nuances. I think that is one of the compelling points of the i/o box included with the three more expensive models.
As far as available in Canada, I think you would have to call Creative to get the real scoop.