• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi I/O Upgrade Kit Problems

CorpX

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
285
I've hooked up both cables (digital and analog) to my card, but only the headphone jack works. I've pushed the cables in all the way and ran a clean install of creative drivers on my system, but neither has helped.

The buttons are supposed to light up, but they do not. The volume knob does not work either.

Found this thread with the same issue, but no solution there.

Any ideas?
 
Has something to do with installing the correct drivers. I have the Fatal1ty version w/the IO box. If you install the wrong drivers, it does just what you described. I think you need to uninstall and reinstall the drivers that include IO panel support.
 
Which X-Fi do you have?
Which cables are you refering to?
Where are you "hooking them up" to, the computer or the I/O panel?

Did you do this:


"I had this exact same behavior.

I had originally installed the non-I/O box version (the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro.) This had been installed and working fine for some time. I am flush with cash and wanted the I/O box, so purchased the Championship edition.

I tried merely installing the I/O box and connecting it to the existing card (the model numbers of the cards are identical - SB 0880 - and they appear to be the same card.) Upon doing so I get the same behavior as the OP - I can hear sound through the headphone jack and use the microphone input, but nothing else functions.

Re-seating the two cables did nothing.

I attempted a 'repair' installation from my original X-Fi CD. This didn't work.

I then tried uninstalling everything, using a driver cleaner, and then removing my old card and installing the card that came with the Championship edition. I then installed the software.

Now it functions properly; furthermore the registration program correctly detected my card as the 'championship edition', when before, using my initial card, it was identified as the 'pro edition.'

All front panel LEDs function correctly, volume controls function correctly. So i would recommend:

-Be sure to use the card that came with your championship edition;

-And do a complete uninstall, use a driver cleaner, and install the card from scratch. "
 
Last edited:
Back
Top