• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

X-fi I/O possible mod?

Cloughy12

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
68
Hey, was wondering if there was a way to change the color of the plastic on the drive, so it would match my computer tower. (possibly color pastic or something).

Tower (notice color.... white-ish)
68589b933e.jpg


Drive (Plastic is black)
1981722d6f.jpg


Another question is, "IF" possible, how could I ensure that I keep the little writing and stuff, would I just have to drawn/ paint them on?

Thanks for your help!
 
IIRC someone did this with an audigy a few years ago here, and they just used some method (I forget what) to just relabel all of the connectors.
 
IIRC someone did this with an audigy a few years ago here, and they just used some method (I forget what) to just relabel all of the connectors.

Did they just use like spray paint, or how would they color the plastic? Would it have to be a certin type, like acrilic base (just throwing some random color word out there for an idea...) The color is mixed into the plastic also, so would this mean I can only cover the top layer?
 
Performance-PCs does this.

Thanks! this will be much easier then doing it myself and possible screwing it up. Now all gotta figure out is how to relable the stuff >.<
 
Cloughy12 said:
Now all gotta figure out is how to relable the stuff >.<

I've never tried it, but you can find Rub-On-Decal paper for inkjets. It's kind of pricey at $2.00/page.

You could also try Wet Decal paper (again - I've never tried it), but it will leave a silvery shine around the labels.
 
Since they aren't relabling, I would really just go the route of spraypainting it yourself with a vinyl dye spray (its used for changing the color on vinyl seating in cars, but it works great on plastics as well for a very durable finish). I would only pay that $25 if they were labeling it as well; a can will cost you all of a few bucks.
 
The proper way would be to bleach it, then use vinyl dye, then regloss coat.
 
Back
Top