X-Fi I/O drive added!

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
Well, after about an Hour, I have installed and tested.

Amazon.com $75

One place has them for $68 + shipping.

I only got a Good install ONLY after un-installing everything. Shockingly the software un-installed in about 1:30:) C2D installs the complete software in about 2mins LOL! Shouldn't have had to remove the software BUT the good is I got rid of some bloat. I cleaned every piece of or file named Creative with Crap Cleaner.

The remote is a wasted but I'd easily buy the Drive again!
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, after about an Hour, I have installed and tested.

Amazon.com $75

One place has them for $68 + shipping.

I only got a Good install ONLY after un-installing everything. Shockingly the software un-installed in about 1:30:) C2D installs the complete software in about 2mins LOL! Shouldn't have had to remove the software BUT the good is I got rid of some bloat. I cleaned every piece of or file named Creative with Crap Cleaner.

The remote is a wasted but I'd easily buy the Drive again!

Sweet i bought one a few months ago and agree its well worth the price (I payed $79.99 direct from creative though) i just wish i had a use for the remote but can see how some people could get alot of mileage out of it and may someday use it myself.

The ability to plug in my headphones and have the speakers mute AS WELL as having separate settings for headphone VS. speakers is well worth what i payed not to mention the mic input thats volume controlled and can be shut off.

I still think creative would let me use my damn case jacks but eh no regrets on I/O drive still.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sweet i bought one a few months ago and agree its well worth the price (I payed $79.99 direct from creative though) i just wish i had a use for the remote but can see how some people could get alot of mileage out of it and may someday use it myself.

The ability to plug in my headphones and have the speakers mute AS WELL as having separate settings for headphone VS. speakers is well worth what i payed not to mention the mic input thats volume controlled and can be shut off.

I still think creative would let me use my damn case jacks but eh no regrets on I/O drive still.

Yes, I agree.


Oh and I love your NIC Name. I'm a BIG George Clinton Fan:) Listening to Maggot Brain as I type this.
 
I got a Platinum a couple days ago and I'll probably install it today. Did you install from the CD or download only? I hate the idea of messing up my Audigy 2 ZS setup that's working perfectly right now. It's like tempting fate...:eek:
 
I got a Platinum a couple days ago and I'll probably install it today. Did you install from the CD or download only? I hate the idea of messing up my Audigy 2 ZS setup that's working perfectly right now. It's like tempting fate...:eek:

Clean out your old Drivers completely and do it in "Safe Mode". Shut down, drain power remove the card. Use something like Crap Cleaner to clean up old or missed files. Shut down Power Drain install the new card and I/O drive. USE THE CD! Then Auto Software Updates. Install the apps a few at a time to taste but you will need more than just the audio console. Hell, I have a half of Terra Byte, 2GB of RAM and a C2D, the Bloatware runs soomth as "Butta" on mine.:)
 
The ability to plug in my headphones and have the speakers mute AS WELL as having separate settings for headphone VS. speakers is well worth what i payed not to mention the mic input thats volume controlled and can be shut off.

QFT. That's the only reason I went with Fatality over Xtreme music.

I guess I have to give the bloatware a try. So far (about a month) I was fine with just the audio console that I d/l'ed from their website.
 
The newest software gives you a sneak peak at the newer Media Source 5 player. This is Vista stuff!

The main Creative MediaSource 5 Player/Organizer:
Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 5.10.38 (22 Dec 2006)

The funny thing is that the old one is still there too!
 
Back
Top