• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi Hogging Resources Problem

Ingonuts13

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
1,982
It seems as though my problem from last month is back, but now without any notice.

I noticed last month that one of the components of my x-fi was using up about 8-15% CPU resources randomly even when the system is idle. This cased a drop in 3dMark06 of about 800points.

What I did to fix this was, re-install the drivers and all seemed well.

Now I ran 3dMark again last night and it seems the lower score is back. This time, there seems to be no load on the system from the X-Fi though, so I am stumped. What the hell is going on with Creative, as I am sure it has something to do with their shitty driver.
 
Back
Top