X-FI Gamer Install Issues

Odigo

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
820
I recently ordered a X-FI Gamer and I'm unable to get this thing working. Software installation will hang at about 70% and reboot my system. I'm able to get the drivers installed under safe mode with no problems however Creative's config tools give me the error "Unsupported Hardware". I tried serveral different PCI slots. The last slot I tried I was able to get everything installed and running correctly via safe mode with no problems. I was however not able to hear sound. Normal system will not boot. I just finished uninstalling everything. I give up.. Any suggestions? Should I RMA this card? My specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 3700
MSI N8N Neo4-F (Latest BIOS)
Geforce 7600GT
Windows XP SP2.
 
Did you disable your on-board sound in the bios? Did you remove any on-board sound drivers or utilities previous to installing the drivers for the X-Fi? Did you plug in the front audio header into the gamer card? I ask the last because unless your case has Intel HD Audio spec front audio circuitry, *not* having a pair of headphones in the headphone jack will disable your soundcard's audio.
 
Did you disable your on-board sound in the bios? Did you remove any on-board sound drivers or utilities previous to installing the drivers for the X-Fi? Did you plug in the front audio header into the gamer card? I ask the last because unless your case has Intel HD Audio spec front audio circuitry, *not* having a pair of headphones in the headphone jack will disable your soundcard's audio.

Onboard was disabled, no front connections. I tried on a fresh format and had the same problems. I sent the card back for RMA. If the new one doesn't work I'd assume it's a Nforce issue.
 
I had a similar problem with an old X-Fi Fatality., that I wanted to use i my new gaming rig.

The only solutions was the following installation order:

XP SP2
chipset drivers
latest x-fi drivers
windows web-update
other hardware driver

I have no idea why it worked in this sequence, but it might be worth a try.
 
Back
Top