• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi + Game Mode = LQ sound?

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
5,078
first of happy new yearsss!!!!!!! [H] rocks the 06!~anyways I rushed home ( drnk ) from a party just to watch the ball drop w/ my dad, but anyways....im bout toe play CSS and i noticd that when you swtich btweeen ent. mode and game mode, theres a huge decrease in sound qualty. Try doing it hwen music is playing and ull deff notice. even when games are oplaying, the highs seem to be lacking. i set the options ( eq,3dcmss,etc.. ) to the same stuff as entertain mode but the diff is still pretty bigl.
 
judging by your description "highs seem to be lacking" it probably go down to 22000 Hz or maybe lower, wich should give slightly better performance.. I remember you could do that in older games.. now it just sucks since the performance hit is so small on modern computers. See if you can find some options for game mode to change it
 
I noticed the main difference in my settings came from the bass redirection option for game mode. I wish I could use that in entertainment mode too...

edit: I found it in the THX console, Audio creation mode doesn't support Bass management.
 
Slade said:
I noticed the main difference in my settings came from the bass redirection option for game mode. I wish I could use that in entertainment mode too...

edit: I found it in the THX console, Audio creation mode doesn't support Bass management.

What is bass redirection? What should I set it to for Klipsch Ultra 5.1s?
 
Bass Management is for creating an LFE channel for a subwoofer from the audio stream. The Klipsch ProMedias, like any multimedia rig, has one built in, so it should be off.

It's for outputting to HT receivers or active monitors. The +15dB Subwoofer Gain should also then be enabled to address an old issue for these.
 
Back
Top