X-fi front panel not fully functional, some help needed.

jubrany

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
340
The Aux2 RCA-ins of my X-fi Platinum front panel don't seem to work in any mode. I made sure they are not muted, and the cables I am using are in working order.

Everything else I've tried works (headphone, mic and optical jacks).

I am using the basic drivers off the website, and not the ones that come on the CD (I hate bloat). Is that why it is not working?

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light on this.
 
You shouldn't need anything on the CD to make use of it. What OS? And has it ever worked or is this the first time you've tried it?
 
I got it to work, but for some reason, it only works in audio creation mode. Which doesn't make sense since you are still given Aux2 volume controls in Entertainment mode.

And I only got it to work once I removed my current bare drivers and used the CD drivers first.
I guess you do need the CD to make those ports work... At least I do.

Oh and my OS is XP Pro 32 bit SP3
 
Back
Top