• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi Forte Sound Problem

Tunnel Vision

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
109
I've been using an X-Fi Forte in my rig for about five months now. I have always set the "Mode" to "Entertainment Mode" as I felt it sounded the best for music, and it was still good for gaming. However, today I woke up to a strange issue...

When I tried to play music this morning, there was no sound coming out of my cans. I tried switching headsets to no avail...so it had to be a problem with the card. I looked at all the settings and nothing had changed from the night before when it was working just fine.

Now I was just trying everything to see if it worked. I decided to switch the card from "Entertainment Mode" to "Game Mode" and I FINALLY got sound. I switched back to Entertainment Mode, and still did not get sound...


Has anyone else had a problem like this? Both "Game Mode" and "Audio Creation Mode" produce sound beautifully, but for some reason "Entertainment Mode" does not produce any sound for me. My card had been working well for the past five months, but now I get no sound from Entertainment Mode. Any fixes for this?

My specs are:
Core i7 920
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
XFX 5870
X-Fi Forte
Win 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I just reset every option back to default and Entertainment Mode now works. I'm not sure why I had to, because I didn't actually change any options the first time...
 
There is probably no correlation to your issue, but around the time I installed my SSD my Forte became quite finicky. It took about 10 attempts to get the drivers installed, and on occasion it randomly changes mode (I use bit matched output, audio creation mode).

Part of me thinks the entire thing involves the SSD.. my system just isn't bullet proof anymore.. sometimes it hangs on boot, I can't use a USB mic because it freezes the Forte control panel, just a bunch of weird seemingly unrelated crap going on.

Anyway.. the only thing in common with your situation is that it does change mode once in a while. Who knows..
 
i have this problem using xfi titanium with windows 7, it happens when i use headphone plugged in to my pc, then the headphone settings are activated. some times after restart , headphone settings are still activated even when no headphone is plugged in. so after i switch between speaker and headphone in the creative control panel, my speakers finally get sounds. very weird issue i must say.
 
Back
Top