• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi Fatality Front I/O Panel Question

Ingonuts13

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
1,982
Is there any signal loss when using headphones on the front panel that comes with the X-Fi?

I was wondering if the HD555s would benefite from being plugged in directly to the card versus the I/O panel?
 
Can't find anything on the Creative site about this at all. It just tells you that you can plug in a headset and mic to the front panel.
 
The i/o panel has a very very slight amp built into it, its the better choice for plugging headphones with higher impedances into
 
jbrukardt said:
The i/o panel has a very very slight amp built into it, its the better choice for plugging headphones with higher impedances into

Awesome..that is exactly what I wanted to hear.
 
On the 'X-Fi Elite Pro' or 'Audigy 4 Pro', the breakout box *does* have an inferior DAC to the card itself.

But I've not read anything like that in regards the cards with drive bay devices.
 
dderidex said:
On the 'X-Fi Elite Pro' or 'Audigy 4 Pro', the breakout box *does* have an inferior DAC to the card itself.

But I've not read anything like that in regards the cards with drive bay devices.

One would think that it might even be better for the front panel when using headphones since the front panel is powered from the PSU. Usually 5.1 speakers are powered from the wall wheras headphones are not.
 
It also depends on the kind of headphones you have. It seems that higher end headphones usually require a seperate amp source. My Sennheiser HD650's are a little too quiet when plugged straight into the I/O drive, whereas the volume on the Sony MDR-X300's is much louder. I can crank it and it's just in the "uncomfortable range" for the HD650's, but I can't even get halfway on the volume dial before reaching that volume on the X300's.
 
Back
Top