• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-FI Fatality Cable Question.

Ingonuts13

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
1,982
I am wondering what the IDE looking cable for the front IO panel has as pin-outs?

Can I use a regular 80Pin IDE caple instead?

I would rather use a rounded cable that goes with the design of my case if I can.

Does anyone know if this would work or has it working now?
 
Hmm...it seems as though the regular 80pin IDE has a key where there is no pin hole on it. Do they make any 80pins where there is no key?
 
Drill it out, the connection is still there, only the plastic connecter has it blocked off.

I actually like the flat cable on this one. I was able to "fold" it up nicely and route it behind my motherboard tray.
 
Actually it's funny that you say you liked the flat cable as I just figured out to sleeve it myself. I just folded it up nicely and put some black sleeving on it.

Problem solved :D
 
BTW: Drilling out the holes on a normal rounded cable works fine:

xficbl.jpg
 
Make sure you orient the cable correctly, it's possible to flip it around incorrectly if you use a standard IDE cable because there's no edge for the "key" on the top of the port. If you plug it in backwards on one end the drive bay extension is toast. Trust me, I made the same mistake. :mad:
 
I read somewhere that this card needs external power, is that just for the LED they put in the corner of the card?
 
trust_no1 said:
I read somewhere that this card needs external power, is that just for the LED they put in the corner of the card?

I would be inclined to say it's for at least a couple reasons. Need to power the optical in's and out's as well as the remote sensor. That's about all I can come up with. I'm buying one next month, looking forward to it. Should be a good upgrade for my ancient SB Live 128. If nothing else I love the stereo RCA inputs on the bay panel. It's actually a requirement for me so that I can record my DJ sets. I only do this occasionally though and my PC is on the other side of my living room in relation to my Decks. It'll be nice to just have to run the RCA across the floor to the front panel instead of getting a expansion slot recording card.
 
There is one external power connector on the card and if you have the internal drive bay, one is on the internal drive bay. These power connectors have nothing to do with the LED (Fatality and Elite Pro cards)

The power connector on the card does not need to be connected unless you are using the external break out box. The only thing that power connector does is to route power to the external facing AD Link connector.


Of course, if you use the internal drive bay, only the power connector on the drive bay itslef (not the one on the card) must be connected to power.
 
Back
Top