X-FI extreme music driver

Wicked_Bass

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 26, 2000
Messages
1,052
Went to creatives site to get new drivers and they dont even list the extreme music under there driver section. Anyone know where I can get new drivers?

Thanks
 
Have you tried the autoupdate feature at the creative site?
 
One more thing....
Welcome to the world of shitty Creative drivers....
You will be back with another problem before too long....
 
Went to creatives site to get new drivers and they dont even list the extreme music under there driver section. Anyone know where I can get new drivers?

Thanks

They do list the XM in the driver section its just under Sound Blaster then X-FI Dont ask me why they list decided to put X-FI in the first box and then leave out the XM It actually just used to only be for the new X-Fi's they must have just added the others.

 
They are discontinuing tha Extreme Music so I have been told. They are replacing it with the Extreme Gamer. It is only a half height card but is supposed to be exactly the same. When I went and tried the Autoupdate feature it said Vista is currently not supported. So that means Auto update is crrently NOT working under Vista...Makes you wonder....
 
They are discontinuing tha Extreme Music so I have been told. They are replacing it with the Extreme Gamer. It is only a half height card but is supposed to be exactly the same. When I went and tried the Autoupdate feature it said Vista is currently not supported. So that means Auto update is crrently NOT working under Vista...Makes you wonder....

Source?

I find it hard to believe creative would axe what is probably their best selling sound card and replace it with a mediocre crippled version. They are most definitely not the same thing not even close.
 
Why isn't? The card is not crippled in the least. It has all the features the Extreme music has.
 
Source?

I find it hard to believe creative would axe what is probably their best selling sound card and replace it with a mediocre crippled version. They are most definitely not the same thing not even close.

Creative's large customers asked for a cheaper alternative to the XtremeMusic. So they killed XtremeMusic and launched the XtremeGamer. The XtremeGamer is the same card except it doesn't have the wiring for either of the I/O Drives and feature easy hookup for the Case Front I/O panel.

The XtremeGamer isn't Crippled at all. It doesn't ship with the now obsolete DVD-Audio player since the format is all but dead.:( :( It works well with the Case's front I/O. After buying a XtremeMusic, I ended up adding the I/O Drive and wishing I'd have gotten the platinum model right from the start.
 
After buying a XtremeMusic, I ended up adding the I/O Drive and wishing I'd have gotten the platinum model right from the start.

Same to me, too bad... platinum is much cheaper than buy XtremeMusic + I/O drive.
I think it is smart move to use general front panel connector which ppl demanded for long time.
 
Back
Top