• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-fi Extreme Audio

Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
677
I had this sound card running 6 months ago but had crackling from the speakers, so I used onboard for while.
I want to go back to the Creative since new drivers are out.

I go to install but I immediately get an error that states I have a previous setup running and have to exit out of it.
I don't have it running.
I disabled it in msconfig, startup.
I killed all CFX processes. I tried to uninstall from control panel, but I get the same error.
I boot to safe mode with networking and try to uninstall/install. Same errors.

Any ideas?
 
I tried the program from guru3d and it looked like it might be better.

I reran the install and same thing.

Error Code: -5004 : 0x80029c4a
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1975)
pAPP:Sound Blaster X-Fi Web Update 6
PVENDOR:Creative Technology Ltd.
PGUID:17177252-E2D8-43A1-AF38-326DF4054B06
$9.1.0.429
@Windows XP (7600) BT_OTHER 48744.137
 
wait, there are new drivers for X-Fi Xtreme Audio? I am looking now and it says 2 Jul 09 was the latest update.. that's quite a while ago..
 
Back
Top