X-Fi ExtemeMusic

Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
677
I had this card working fine up until recently. My speakers have crackling in them. I moved my speakers to the onboard audio (AC97) and they do not crackle. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and they are still crackling. I have them setup as 5.1 in Windows. Also, L4D also has them set up as 5.1, however, I only get zombie cries from the center only channel.

Help?!


Abit AN8 Fatality with 4GB of RAM. Back to 2GB it works fine. Vista 64 for the OS. :mad:
 
Have you tried to move the sound card to another port? perhaps some sort of interference...
 
I had this card working fine up until recently. My speakers have crackling in them. I moved my speakers to the onboard audio (AC97) and they do not crackle. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and they are still crackling. I have them setup as 5.1 in Windows. Also, L4D also has them set up as 5.1, however, I only get zombie cries from the center only channel.

Help?!


Abit AN8 Fatality with 4GB of RAM. Back to 2GB it works fine. Vista 64 for the OS. :mad:

u may as well give up on this card in vista 64 in combination with that nforce chipset on that motherboard. i also have an nforce board, rig in sig.

i tried so many different combinations of things to get my xtrememusic working in vista. i even bought an x-fi fatality pci-e card and experienced even worse SCP.

im using xp now because of this, and returned the x-fi fatality card. :( im upgrading in the spring so i guess my Vista OS will have to wait until then to be used.
 
Back
Top