• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-fi: Eax and games. How does it work?

kaluminati

Gawd
Joined
Dec 11, 2004
Messages
579
On previous verions of creative cards, in order to get EAX to work in games aside from enabling within the game itself, you had to DISABLE eax effects in the creative drivers.

Now with the new X-fi card I'm not so sure.

For example when I enable eax effects within the creative drivers, and play quake 4 (game mode of course, with eax enabled ingame as well as openal) it seems like it is on. Whereas other games like CoD2 or fear, I can't tell whether I turn off eax effects in creative's drivers or not.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
 
Ive notice that if I set EAX effects, for example listening to music with chamber effect on, sound wont work properly in games. In fact sound doesnt work at all. If you use some effects turn them off before playing a game.
 
I use modes a lot. I need no extra EAX for gaming so they are off in gaming mode.
But I add a little bit of reverb for music in the mode for music.
 
Back
Top