• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

X-Fi Drivers?

MetalX

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 6, 2003
Messages
4,705
I just did a XP reinstall and I went to Creative.com and got Web Update 3 but it only installs the driver and Audio Console and nothing else. Where can I find the package with mode switcher, DVD Audio Player, etc?
 
MetalX said:
I just did a XP reinstall and I went to Creative.com and got Web Update 3 but it only installs the driver and Audio Console and nothing else. Where can I find the package with mode switcher, DVD Audio Player, etc?

AFAIK you can't.

You must install the software off the CD first, and then run the installer for the updated drivers. It will apply updates to the drivers and the software altogether.
 
Yeah you need the original install Cd, you don't have to install the drivers from the cd then update tho. You can just select the volume panel, dvd audio player, etc. to install.
 
Its something CL started doing long ago of only putting updates to software online. Guess its to make sure ppl that buy a limited OEM version don't get apps they weren't supposed to get. If your card is retail then as the previous poster said you can selctive install of just apps off the CD. If your card is an OEM then you will need to find an image file of the install CD and posibly a modified inf so you can add those apps.
 
I dug up my install CD. God I miss the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz days.
 
I never had any problems installing the web drivers. Sometimes the package wouldn't install, but then I would just open it with winrar or some other archive program and extract the files. And if you ever need an install disc, a guy on the creative forums uploaded pretty much every creative install .iso to filefront.
 
Guru of 3d has a driver package that is the same as the install cd's... dig around in their drivers section it says what it is in the description.
 
Back
Top