I recently reinstalled my X-Fi Platinum after a few months of using the onboard sound with the P5W DH Deluxe motherboard. I'm not sure why I bothered, as the onboard sound was fine, and I never have anything but problems with Soundblaster stuff.
At any rate, my problem now is that I can't find any kind of audio control panel to use on the soundcard. What I want to do is turn the volume on the subwoofer down, separately from the main volume (or just turn down the bass - I live in an apartment building), but there's no way to do this with the tools that I'm given, as far as I can tell.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm looking to open up and get to this tool, but I can't find that program on my system anywhere. The only thing I have in my start menu is the Creative Audio Console, which is just this thing. Do I need to download something different to get more control over the sound output? I didn't see anything that looked applicable on Creative's site. I ran and downloaded the 43.5 meg driver suite, which seems like it would've been big enough to include the program I need, but I don't see it on my hard drive anywhere.
I already have the volume on the subwoofer turned down, but it's still too loud for my apartment building (tissue paper walls).
At any rate, my problem now is that I can't find any kind of audio control panel to use on the soundcard. What I want to do is turn the volume on the subwoofer down, separately from the main volume (or just turn down the bass - I live in an apartment building), but there's no way to do this with the tools that I'm given, as far as I can tell.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm looking to open up and get to this tool, but I can't find that program on my system anywhere. The only thing I have in my start menu is the Creative Audio Console, which is just this thing. Do I need to download something different to get more control over the sound output? I didn't see anything that looked applicable on Creative's site. I ran and downloaded the 43.5 meg driver suite, which seems like it would've been big enough to include the program I need, but I don't see it on my hard drive anywhere.
I already have the volume on the subwoofer turned down, but it's still too loud for my apartment building (tissue paper walls).