X-Fi CD wont install..

LiquidX

2[H]4U
For some reason when I click next on the initial settup it wont load, it just disappears and nothing comes up to indicate progress, the cd wont even spin. Thing is I know the card works because the drivers on the site works and there is nothing wrong with my drive because may games have no problems. Is there a service I need to start or something because it "DemoShield"?

Edit-Turned on error report and saw quicktime name in it so I uninstalled it and problem fixed. For some odd reason it would not install with quicktime 7 on my system. Strange.:confused:

uninstall Quicktime, there is a file called quicktime.qts that causes this issue, I believe its only quicktime 7.02. If you google the demoshield error you will get a couple pages regarding this. Its an issue with the version of demoshield that they used for the installer. Uninstall quicktime reboot, install xfi cd, reboot, install quicktime.

change the filename format of quicktime.qts to something else.

e.g: quicktime.old

Nomikal, did that work for you? I tried that, I even created a dummy quicktime.qts, didn't work, I had to actually uninstall.

Back