X-Fi Cards question

Seizure Explosion

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
116
I heard that you could not plug a mic in with surround sound speakers on the xtreme music X-Fi card, that you need the breakout box which comes with the better cards. Is this true? I need to know before I decide which one to get.
 
Nope. Here's the jacks available on the lowest model (Xtreme Music):

1. Mic in/digital out
2. Front stereo
3. Surround L/R
4. Center/LFE

3 & 4 have the extra channels for 7.1 as well - my Inspire 7.1 analog set hooks in perfectly. Also, since the Xtreme Music has the breakout jack, you lose the FireWire jack.
 
Oh thats just great.. So I cant plug my mic in along with my receiver since they use the same jack. :mad:
 
Well, for me, my problem was plugging in a line in device and a microphone device. But I just got an adapter (all stereo) to plug both into the versajack. I have game mode's recordling line set to mic and entertainment mode's recording line set to Line In. As far as I can tell, it works fine.

However, not sure that would work for you because if I recall, in THX console,you choose between (1) Line In/Microphone and (2) Digital Out, so not sure how that would affect it, since it wasn't an obstacle for me. Then again, it's not an issue if THX settings save per mode.

Hope that helps...
 
Back
Top