X-Fi buzzing/static

Az2

Limp Gawd
I recently purchased a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card.

I installed the card and drivers and I do have the headphones plugged in correctly with the correct setup. I hear a loud buzzing/static sound. I can hear audio played but not very well because of this LOUD buzzing/static noise. Can anyone help me?

It sounds like some interference with something else. Try using a different pair of headphones if possible and see if it still buzzs

Actually I believe this may have something to do with their not-so-well-programed drivers. I have the same problem from time to time, usually a reboot will fix everything. With the speed of today's computer and the chance to use the bathroom while waiting, I don't mind rebooting my computer.

I have used multiple pairs of headphones and have restarted my PC. The problem doesn't go away. At first I thought that perhaps my cold cathode light or my TV tuner were interfering with the card. I removed them. I still have the problem.

all I can say is JOIN THE CLUB :( . Have you looked on creatives forum for this card? There is 20+ page post on this problem/.

Just got my XF-i XtremeM and everything sounds fine here.......are u on wireless I had a problem like that whith my adugiy when i was on wifi cuz of the antena.

Creative is notorious for this problem. People have been reporting it since Audigy 1.

Back