• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi & BF2 Issue

kMaN_(KYA)

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
89
This is a weird one that even EA had no answer for, dumbass's. THe EA tech thought the SB X-Fi was a vid card.

Anyway, I cannot choose the X-Fi card in my audio options in BF2. It says I don't have compatiable hardware, ie - like I don't have an X-Fi card installed. I have the latest SB drivers. Anyone else have this issue?
 
Did u select Gaming Mode in the X-Fi panel. I belive you need to do that when you want to game with the x-fi sound card.
 
Game mode is just how they process the sound, it has nothing to do with anything else.
 
Wrong. I have seen it several time where I have to exit a game, select gaming mode and restart the game and reselect the audio options just because I forgot to set the mode first.

The X-Fi and hardware options won't even show up unless game mode is selected. It actually reprograms the APU, which definitely IS how it processes the sound, but games designed for the X-Fi will be able to sense X-Fi on if it is in gaming mode.
 
BBA is most certainly correct. If Game mode is not selected, you will not be able to select X-FI mode in BF2. Go to Creative's website and read up on what the two modes (Entertainment and Game) do. Resources in the APU are used for different functions in each mode, such as in Game mode, most of the processing power is used for EAX.

Shawn
 
WCES Ryan said:
Game mode is just how they process the sound, it has nothing to do with anything else.
When the X-Fi changes modes, certain libraries are enabled/disabled. In the case of Game Mode, all the OpenAL and Advanced HD libraries are loaded and made available.
 
Like everyone else said, it's gotta be in game mode. I've had this happen in BF2 myself.

If you have the X-Fi in a mode other than game mode, then BF2 will not recognize the card. Verify you are in game mode before you start BF2 or you can just alt-esc out of BF2, then change to game mode, and go back into BF2 and the selection of X-Fi will stay.
 
Back
Top