X-fi Audio Card Question:

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
1,465
Hi,

I got my "x-fi audio" card thinking it was the 'x-fi music' version, but I'm really happy with music on it; great improvement over the audigy2 and especially--despite all the griping about it in these forums--creative has really improved their software and the problems I was having with the ZS (right speaker dropping out/muting in a 5.1 system occasionally and speakers resetting to 2.1 all the time).

Now, I guess I should have gotten the music version, but is the only thing that will provide is hardware acceleration and EAX support because at the moment the only thing I play is Dark Crusade and I've never cared too much or noticed that big of a difference with EAX anyway.

Should I return this card and get the X-fi music? I guess the cost difference is negligible if I buy at newegg as I paid too much for this at best buy (72 bucks) anyway.

Sound off!
 
Hi,

I got my "x-fi audio" card thinking it was the 'x-fi music' version, but I'm really happy with music on it; great improvement over the audigy2 and especially--despite all the griping about it in these forums--creative has really improved their software and the problems I was having with the ZS (right speaker dropping out/muting in a 5.1 system occasionally and speakers resetting to 2.1 all the time).

Now, I guess I should have gotten the music version, but is the only thing that will provide is hardware acceleration and EAX support because at the moment the only thing I play is Dark Crusade and I've never cared too much or noticed that big of a difference with EAX anyway.

Should I return this card and get the X-fi music? I guess the cost difference is negligible if I buy at newegg as I paid too much for this at best buy (72 bucks) anyway.

Sound off!

If you can find an Xtreme Music YES! if not, then at least get the Xtreme Gamer that's similar to the one you have.
 
ok, I ordered the x-fi gamer from newegg, plus a discount I had the total came to around 40 bucks! I'm taking back my best buy x-audio POS when I get it under the 30 day return policy. haha, no, it's not a POS in my view, for music only, I was very impressed with the card a decent price (72); but I imagine when I get that next game I need hardware acceleration and didn't have it for the same price I'd be bummed at my decision.

THanks for all the info fellow audio-gurus!
 
Back
Top