X-Fi and Receiver hookup problems

redman223

Gawd
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,013
I just bought the soundblaster home theatre cable, and have everything hooked up where it says it is supposed to go (surround were where I plugged the side speakers, and surround rear were where I plugged the rear speakers) and I have no luck with the side speakers. For some reason, in game mode I can get 5.1 sound, but when I switch to entertainment mode, I do not get sound from the right front, or the side speakers.

I tried reinstalling the drivers and that didnt do anything except switch the problem (when I first hooked it all up, entertainment mode worked in 5.1 and game mode was the one where the front right speaker didnt work, along with the sides).

I don't know what else to do. I have it all hooked into the multi channel input on my Sony 5200ES and in the respective places on the back of the X-Fi.

Any ideas?
 
Well I called up Sony and they were unable to help me, but assured me that there were no issues with the receiver itself, so now I gotta try and reach Creative, but their website sucks! I cannot find their support phone number? Anyone know it?

Or better yet, has anyone had this problem and found a fix?
 
This does sound a bit weird. I have had very little analog out problems. Most of mine are from the digital out.

Try the creative forums. I know some of the moderators help out the best they can. I think some of them work for Creative Labs.
 
Ok, so I installed some never drivers, which came out last october-ish, and they fixed the weird problem with the front right speaker not working in entertainment mode, but the side speakers still do not work.

I am kinda happy that 5.1 works, but I really want 7.1 sound, especially since I paid for all this stuff already.

What could be the reason that the side speakers are not working?
 
Back
Top