• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-FI and 5.1

MedicaL

n00b
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
14
When playing games in 5.1 with a receiver connected by 3 analog plugs, do I want CMSS 3d on or off? Which upmix mode do I want to use?

Also, do I need the digital I/O module to transfer 44.1 sound? Or can analog do it? Just wondering because I doubt I could tell the difference between 48kHz and 44.1kHz.
 
For the cmms 3d all it does it upmix sources, like it takes 2.1 and makes it sound like 5.1. And for the 4.1 sound it really depends on what kind of cables you are using.
 
Um, from what I've read and experienced with my X-fi, you do NOT want any extra "mixing" going on if it's already outputting 5.1 via analog.
 
Also, do I need the digital I/O module to transfer 44.1 sound?
Yes, you can only transfer bit-perfect playback in audio creation mode using a digital out (there are a few ways of doing this). Remember you also have to set the "Master Sampling Rate" to 44.1kHz if you want fully unmixed 44.1kHz audio data to be outputted by your X-Fi.

Or can analog do it?
Nope, analog always uses the SRC.
 
Back
Top