• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi 6.1 speaker support?

LBFlashWiz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
138
I currently have an Audigy 2 with a analog connection [(3) 1/8" jacks] to a Camgridge soundworks 6.1 speaker system.

Does the new X-Fi card support 6.1 mode? Or is it 5.1 & 7.1 only?

If it does support 6.1, is it the same 3 jack setup to the speakers?
 
I have a pair of Logitech Z-5500's that are setup on my X-FI in 6.1. So yes, it would work. Just for laughs I am using all 3 inputs. That means Coax, Optical, and Analog(the 3 jacks you are taking about).

Just to let all of you know I can tell NO difference between these 3 inputs! Sounds all the same in terms of quality.*

*Z-5500's can only be used with analog if you want 6.1 surround!

Hope this helps anyway :)
 
I have a pair of Logitech Z-5500's that are setup on my X-FI in 6.1.
You have 5.1 speakers setup as 6.1 speakers?
Where is the other speaker? :confused:
 
Maybe its me that is confused. I have 5 speakers and the sub (assumed that made 6 aka 6.1). Anyway when I go to select mode it says: 6 ch Direct.

If he is using something that requires 3 jacks then the X-fi will work fine (mine is hooked up analog using 3 jacks).
 
DaRkF0g said:
Maybe its me that is confused. I have 5 speakers and the sub (assumed that made 6 aka 6.1). Anyway when I go to select mode it says: 6 ch Direct.

If he is using something that requires 3 jacks then the X-fi will work fine (mine is hooked up analog using 3 jacks).

5.1 is six speakers, 5 for "normal" speakers and the .1 for the sub. 6.1 is seve speakers, 7.1 is eight.
 
I have a 6.1 setup: center, left and right front, & 3 surrounds (left, center and rear)

It only accepts analog input

HTML:
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=24&product=152

Creative gave it to me after my 5.1 version bit the dust.
 
LBFlashWiz said:
I have a 6.1 setup: center, left and right front, & 3 surrounds (left, center and rear)

It only accepts analog input

Creative gave it to me after my 5.1 version bit the dust.
Nice tradeup :)
 
It was rather nice but being the 5.1 500 Watt version didn't have a decent heatsink for the amp and they burnt out after a year.

Thanks for letting me know the X-Fi will support my 6.1 mode. I am ordering one this weekend.

Nothing like HQ surround from cambridge soundworks.

and to make you all drool, the headphone jack is connected to a pair of THESE

On those, even 160kps MP3s sound like crap.. 192kps+ only
 
LBFlashWiz said:
I currently have an Audigy 2 with a analog connection [(3) 1/8" jacks] to a Camgridge soundworks 6.1 speaker system.

Does the new X-Fi card support 6.1 mode? Or is it 5.1 & 7.1 only?

If it does support 6.1, is it the same 3 jack setup to the speakers?

Yes, 6.1 works with 3 jacks. Two jacks actually have connections for 3 channels each but in 6.1 mode only the third jack has all 3 channels active, and thats for the sub, rear center and front center.
 
Back
Top