X-Connect 500W Modular Power Supply (pretty cool)

paladin0

Gawd
I just saw this on the hot deals forum at anandtech. Its not really a hot deal but this power supply has done something i thought was really innovative. It allows you to only connect what you need this would be great for wire managment. Im not sure how much resistance/power loss this 'plug on both sides' method would add but it cant be much.

Im probably not going to rush out and buy one of these but i just thought it was pretty cool. Thought you guys would think the same.

Worth a look.

link: Frozen CPU Product View of the PSU

Resistance probably isn't a big issue, assuming the connectors are properly made.

That's a very slick looking supply... I like.

I really like the modularity of it. I'd like to know how it stands up quality wise to the likes of PCP&C, Enermax or Antec.

edit: Also what's up, gee, I'm from Halifax myself :)

it's been needed for so long. tons of dangling psu cables that always need to be tucked away - now it can look very neat and minimal with those units.

I realize its a late comment on these, but I was searching these boards and others for info on getting a new power supply and wanted to put a link I found to a review on these units, they seem to be pretty good.

Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU Review

I may snag one, esp since it looks like the 12V rails are well supplied.

Back