• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-650w Low Load Squeal

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,658
I think I may have made a thread on this a while back but my x-650 tends to squeal at low load. I sent a support email into Seasonic a while back and have not heard anything. When I boot up the PC and I'm in the pre-os environment the PSU squeals like hell. Sometimes it squeals all the way into Windows and other times it's short and just stops but it's getting more frequent and it gets louder.

At first I was told this is normal but now it happens on on the desktop or when browsing the web. Is there a Seasonic rep somewhere on the forums I could get a hold of? I tried switching power cables thinking a bad one could potentially be the problem but it's happened in different physical locations and using a different cable so it's definitely the PSU.
 
It's coil whine. Not really a defect but an annoying issue that PSUs sometimes have. A replacement may or may not have the same "problem"
 
It's coil whine. Not really a defect but an annoying issue that PSUs sometimes have. A replacement may or may not have the same "problem"

This is coil whine like I've never heard it...I've had coil whine on GPU's and my old HX620 but this is LOUD and it's getting worse. I never have any issues when I'm gaming or doing anything moderately resource sensitive but when I'm browsing or idling on the desktop it whine's like a whore. It's louder than a 5870 with the fan @ 60% if that puts this into perspective.
 
This is coil whine like I've never heard it...I've had coil whine on GPU's and my old HX620 but this is LOUD and it's getting worse. I never have any issues when I'm gaming or doing anything moderately resource sensitive but when I'm browsing or idling on the desktop it whine's like a whore. It's louder than a 5870 with the fan @ 60% if that puts this into perspective.

Didn;t realize it was this loud. Though light load coil whine doesn't alarm me the sound level of it does. RMA time
 
Bump.

Not to necro my own thread but I put in a second RMA request and still haven't heard a thing.
 
Back
Top