• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

WU Restarted

blip

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
346
DAHHH! That large Tinker my desktop box has been churning through just restarted for some reason. I had to take the system down for a little while (needed some peace and quiet to do some work in) and when I rebooted it the WU had restarted.

The important lines in the log read:
[11:47:23] VerifyARCFile: Checksums don't match (frame 160). Failed verification
[11:47:23] Starting from initial work packet

I'm using advmethods, forceSSE and verbosity 5. The processor is an AMD 1.7 Ghz running on an old ECS board. (I know, I know... but this system is primarily used for e-mail etc. and it was cheap...)

The system isn't OCed and is generally rock-stable (haven't had a forced reboot in quite some time).

Any ideas what caused this?
 
Hmmm... That could be the problem... Normally I exit it before shut down but I was in a big hurry (needed to get some reading done for my thesis) and I might have simply forgotten to exit it before shutdown.

I hope that is it.
 
Back
Top