• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

WU increase...

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
11,819
Okay I have this dual Xeon server that I want to fold. How do I increase it's WU? Right now it just does 1wu and turns in 450pts. How do I increase it's productivity. I do not want to run dual instances of Folding, just one.
 
Considering there is no SMP with regards to FAH your might be SOL. You are totally wasting one of the processors.

What is your problem with running 2 instances of FAH? They will not slow each other down. The only reason not to run 2 is if you don't have enough memory in the system.
 
The best way to increase WU would be to run normal WU's and ditch -advmethods and big WU. You'd have a better chance at some of the smaller 46 pointers and such, but obviously, you'd increase your chances at something that isn't quite as high PPD as the QMD's are on Intel. It's kind of a catch 22 for the situation.
 
If you are worried about memory use, run without the big wu option and no advmethds. That should keep memory use down to a minumum.
 
Back
Top