• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WTT: E5200+cash for better cpu

evenfall928

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
271
Hey guys, I'm looking to trade my e5200 and a bit of cash for a better chip (preferably something of the 65nm variety). Or really anything that can be verified as working with the IP35 mobo.

Heat is under evenfall928, ebay is manedwolf422.

Let me know what you guys have! Make offers =P

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
the e5200 doesn't work with the IP35? thats a nice chip.. should be able to get a decent OC out of it
 
Hrm...I will have to doublecheck, I was pretty certain that it was already on the latest BIOS
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
I ran the 5200 on the IP35 no problem. Check your BIOS version for sure.
 
It runs but misreports temperatures in bios which causes the board to shut down. There is no way with a good hsf nonnection that its running 98c stock. It's on bios 18
 
It runs but misreports temperatures in bios which causes the board to shut down. There is no way with a good hsf nonnection that its running 98c stock. It's on bios 18


I'm pretty sure you can turn that feature off...


EDIT:
If you have verified that it is in fact not that hot, then there is no reason to not turn it off...however, if the CPU really is getting that hot, then turning it off may cause other damage.....and I don't want to be responsible for that..:)
 
I'm pretty sure you can turn that feature off...


EDIT:
If you have verified that it is in fact not that hot, then there is no reason to not turn it off...however, if the CPU really is getting that hot, then turning it off may cause other damage.....and I don't want to be responsible for that..:)

he might also want to check to see if the heatsink is making proper contact with the IHS, reseating the cpu and HSF would probably solve this...
 
he might also want to check to see if the heatsink is making proper contact with the IHS, reseating the cpu and HSF would probably solve this...

4 reseats and 3 different heatsinks (arctic cooling pro 7, TRUE, and gemini II all the same unshifting temp of 98c)

I had this problem on an asus p5k with an e7400 before. a bios update fixed it. i doubt I will see a bios update from abit.
 
4 reseats and 3 different heatsinks (arctic cooling pro 7, TRUE, and gemini II all the same unshifting temp of 98c)

I had this problem on an asus p5k with an e7400 before. a bios update fixed it. i doubt I will see a bios update from abit.

I would just disable the bios temps monitoring and run it, there's no way those temps are right, have you tried the chip in another board to see if something is actually wrong with the cpu...?
 
Back
Top