WTS/WTB Stuff -- some free

Status
Not open for further replies.

starhawk

[H]F Junkie
That does it. I want my room back, that all this crap has taken over. Please help me clean my room! (Prices very low on purpose, because of that.)

Not everything is listed here yet. I'm working on it, but if you want something not listed, that you think I might have, please ASK!

I will be cleaning out MOST of this (not sure of exact details yet, though) on Feb. 10th. If you want anything CONTACT ME NOW AND DO NOT WAIT!! (I will not throw away anything that's spoken for, even if I haven't shipped it yet.)

Kindly bump if you look, and I'll try to bump you back. Also, when I say "contact me" in this thread, I'd appreciate it if you read that as "...by PM". If you absolutely must email me, please use the one I've put in my Heatware account. Please don't PM me if you don't have at least 50 posts elsewhere on the forum. I will not be interested in engaging in a transaction with you -- quite frankly, it's too dangerous. It's also against the rules of the forum.

Heatware is under "laserhawk64". I'm casual about it; if you're not, let me know so that I don't screw up something.

Shipping is extra, Non-Plastic Paypal *or* USPS Money Order (or if you absolutely must, concealed cash for small purchases), would really rather not ship internationally. Ya'll know, the usual stuff. I don't mind offers (even lowballs) -- worst that happens is that I say "No". The pix section and WTB section are at the end of this thread...

Regarding shipping...
I ship USPS Priority Mail for most items; if you're not interested in that high a shipping price I can do USPS First Class, but understand please that you will not get any proof of mailing other than "it shows up in your box"... I guess I could take a pic of the package in my mailbox for you, but what does that prove? Batteries I have to ship separately, because the USPS (and, for that matter, UPS and FedEx) say that it's a "hazardous material". I'm sorry for that, it's not my choice but I'm sure they have a good reason.

My shipping method is to order postage online (saves you money and me aggravation), and arrange for a pickup (this works with USPS Priority only). The mailman comes the next morning at 9:30am EST, and picks up your package. The tracking number you get (if you get one) becomes live about 2:30pm-4:00pm EST that day. I will say that of all the packages I've shipped, none have been lost. and only one has been damaged (insufficient packaging, and therefore my fault only).

All of that said, I don't mind local pickup if you're near Siler City, NC (ZIP here is 27344)... or willing to drive that far just to get what you want. On otherwise-free items, I will ask for a $2 fee for local pickup (don't gripe, shipping is usually more expensive than that). This does not apply to a local trade or an actual purchase, just for freebies.

Also, there is stuff I have put in the Freebies Thread, that I'm not putting here, because this post is long enough as it is.

FOR SALE AND/OR TRADE...
Motherboards, Socket 462 -- ALL FREE (all at once or pick'n'choose), just pay shipping.
- MSI K7T266 Pro v1.0
- ASUS A7V8X
- Shuttle AK31S207
- HP 5187-2615
- PCChips M811 v3.1
- ASUS A7V266-E
- Shuttle AK11SR3S

Motherboard, Socket 478 -- eMachines Imperial-GV board, $5+shipping.
Motherboard, Socket 754 -- Gateway(?) FIC K8MC51G board, $5+shipping.

Two-Tone (Black/Grey) PS/2 Keyboards $4+shipping EACH or both for $7+shipping.
Have one HP and one Compaq.

Black PS/2 Keyboards -- $3+shipping EACH or all four for $10+shipping.
Have 2x Dell, 1x AOpen, and 1x HP.

Beige PS/2 Keyboards -- $2+shipping EACH or all five for $7+shipping.
Have 2x Dell QuietKey, 1x IBM (looks like it came with an Aptiva), and 1x Compaq.

Beige Logitech Keyboards -- $5+shipping EACH or both for $8+shipping.
- PS/2 keyboard is a Logitech Access Keyboard.
- USB keyboard is a Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard.

Mechanical PS/2 Mice -- $3+shipping EACH or all four for $10+shipping.
1x HP, 1x Microsoft, 1x AOpen, 1x Dell. All beige.

Microsoft Wireless Keyboards, Mice, and Receivers -- $20+shipping for EVERYTHING.
MS Wireless Desktop Keyboard (Beige), MS Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer, MS Wireless Desktop Receiver PS/2 Compatible, MS Wireless Desktop Receiver 2.0A, MS Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A, MS Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard 1.0A.

Slim Optical Drives, CD-R/RW. Misc brands. Have two. $3+shipping EACH or both for $5+shipping.
Slim Optical Drives, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo. Misc brands. $5+shipping EACH.
ALL Slim Optical Drives -- every last one! -- for $40+shipping.

Misc. Laptop Parts. Take EVERYTHING for $30+shipping. No, I'm not parting this out. There's way too much. I will say that there's four keyboards and a couple almost-complete chassis in there, though.

Laptop Batteries. These don't go to any of the free laptops, sorry. Each $5+shipping or all 6 for $25+shipping. (note that these can ONLY be shipped USPS First Class!).
- Acer TM00741
- Toshiba PA3098U-1BRS
- Dell 6T473
- Dell U1223
- Dell Y4367
- Dell 1T119

Weird DELL Power Supplies. I've got a bunch. $10+shipping EACH (see groups for volume pricing).
Large supplies (bigger size than standard ATX) -- have 4x, two each 305W and 375W. Take all four for $30+shipping.
Other weirdass Dell supplies. The little ones are 160W and I have four (two with mounting rail, two without -- one is not in the pix). The other one (only one of these) is a 180W supply. I believe that both of these types are for Optiplex systems, but don't hold me to that. Take all four little ones for $30+shipping; add in the bigger one for $35+shipping.
Take ALL of the Weird Dell supplies for $60+shipping.

Other Weird Power Supply. It's a Newton Power brand, which IIRC is exclusive to Gateway. This has a gigantic fan sticking out the top and is otherwise (I *think*) ATX size. Rated at 200W. $8+shipping.

Standard ATX Power Supplies -- 200-300W. I don't think I've anything higher than that, but ask if you're desperate and I'll dig through the bin and see. Please ask only for a wattage range (e.g. 200ish W or 250-275W); if you have to ask for a brand, I probably don't have it. $5+shipping each.
Three gone, plenty left.

IDE desktop hard drives. Anything 10.0gb and under is FREE with shipping. Prices for other drives are as follows... (contact me for volume discounts, I honestly am not sure how many of each I've got).
10-20gb $5+shipping.
20-40gb $7+shipping
40-60gb $10+shipping
60-80gb $12+shipping
80-100gb $15+shipping
100+gb $17+shipping
If you want me to test the drive(s) for you (functionality + HDTune) add an extra $5 to the price (less if buying in quantity). I'm not testing them beforehand, simply because of the number of drives I have.
The 200gb's are GONE.
Sold 6 10-and-under's, plenty left for the rest o' you.

I have some SCSI gear, namely two drives, two cables, and two controller cards with RAM on them. I can give you more info if you'd like (contact me for that). $20+shipping takes it all.

I have a plastic Contico (I think that's the brand) trunk full of IDE optical drives, mostly Combo, but some CD-R/RW. Let me know which type you want and a bezel color (beige or black) and I'll see what I've got. CD-R/RW drives will be $5+shipping EACH; Combo drives will be $7+shipping EACH. Contact me for volume discounts.

Cables. Ask me -- I've probably got it, as long as "it" isn't USB or Firewire. I know I have only one or two VGA cables, and maybe 3 SATA cables, but I've got a nearly-literal ton of IDE/Floppy ribbon cables (mostly IDE) and a small fortune in parallel printer cables (lucky me, I know). $1+shipping EACH, $10+shipping for a dozen (all same or mix'n'match).

LOCAL PICKUP ONLY... I have about a dozen cases, most of which qualify really as "barebones systems" because they have motherboards and drives in them (some may even be complete!). I will NOT ship these, if you want one, you have to arrange pickup with me. These are not in the pix, because (a) about half are beige, (b) two are in parts, and (c) you'll have to come here and see them in order to get one anyways. $15-$30 for these.

PICTURES ARE HERE...

WANT TO BUY/TRADE FOR...
Make me offers for this stuff. Note that this is just "if the price is right, and I happen to have the money at the time...", NOT "I've gotta have this now!"

ASUS 1000HEB motherboard, working. If you can't part with it for less than $50, don't mention it, please.
Thin clients. Preferably NeoWare CA19 or better. Anything without a 44pin IDE connector on the inside is worth slightly less.
CF-style Microdrives. 4gb or more. Any lower capacity is (unfortunately) not useful to me.
Any camera that is (a) inexpensive and (b) better than a Kodak DX7630. Must take SD cards (SDHC not necessary -- biggest card I have is a 2gb). Will partial-trade my Kodak for this, if you really want it -- battery door has significant damage, and battery clip is long gone.
Would *love* to have a used (plz working) Toshiba Portege 3490ct or something very similar (note: it's the size that fascinates me)... won't want to pay more than shipping for this, though.
Interesting technological or computery odds and ends. If you're not sure, ASK!!

Last edited:
...pretty much everything I have is from Pentium M machines at the NEWEST.

I have been on the hunt for a Pent.M, Core Solo, or Core Duo for my gf's laptop.
Bought several chips that were listed as sk478, only to discover that they are actually sk479. Too many people apparently don't know the difference, and they are not interchangeable. I even researched the sSpec's on CPU-world before buying, and they were listed as sk478. Grrrrr...Frustrating as heck, lol.

Opps, sorry for the rant. Maybe I should get to the point.
If you have a sk478 Pentium class CPU to upgrade this crappy Celeron M, I am very interested :)

<EDIT> Also in need of DDR so-dimm and maybe an IDE 2.5" drive.

Last edited:
Bump.

My flat rate boxes came today, ya'll... anyone waiting to order a laptop?

bump

this stuff gotta go folks, make me offers. I'll entertain anything serious...

YGPM, OP.

I have been on the hunt for a Pent.M, Core Solo, or Core Duo for my gf's laptop.
Bought several chips that were listed as sk478, only to discover that they are actually sk479. Too many people apparently don't know the difference, and they are not interchangeable. I even researched the sSpec's on CPU-world before buying, and they were listed as sk478. Grrrrr...Frustrating as heck, lol.

If you have a sk478 Pentium class CPU to upgrade this crappy Celeron M, I am very interested :)

I actually suspect you don't know the difference ;). Socket 479 is the mobile layout, and it actually has 478 pins. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_479

You need to determine whether or not you are looking for the Socket 479 (Pentium M, Celeron M, Core Solo, some Core (2) Duo, or Socket M (C2D+).

Socket 478 in mobile land is almost always Pentium 4<-- M.

Hey toss us a model number that way we can help you better! There have been different models as well. There are Pentium 4 mobile and Pentium 4-M, both different processors. As well as two Pentium Ms that operated at different FSBs. So these things might help to make sure.

@ZYFER & co: I've got it covered, but I appreciate the help and info.

EDIT: forgot to mention... BUMP.

Thanks! That model, unfortunately, uses the ZIF style connector, though, and I'm looking for 50pin CF connectors on mine. A pity, really, because that's a smashing deal.

Bumpity. Sold some stuff:

- both 200gb HDDs
- 6x 10gb-and-under HDDs (don't worry, got plenty more)
- 3x std. ATX PSU's (don't worry, got plenty more)

Thanks, guys! Buy more so I can clean up my room!

In the fourth row (going right to left), fourth picture I believe. Is that a Lenovo R60 laptop keyboard?

@gwarren007: thanks!

@Jimrob25: wow, you've got an eye for detail. I can tell you that it probably is... but I'm outta town right now (I'll be home monday night) visiting the paternal unit, so I can't say for certain offhand. I can say that the rest of whatever thinkpad it came out of (or at least, whatever of that I still have) is in the same pile. BTW, I combined that and the other parts into one big bin -- got tired of having the same stuff two different places for no reason. Note that you have to buy the whole bin to get the one part -- I am NOT parting out the laptop stuff. (That said, if you offer me some sort of ridiculously high price, I might reconsider... ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back