WTF - No way to run 3 monitors with SLI enabled (even with third card)?

Matrices

Supreme [H]ardness
I just installed a GT 240 along with my GTX 470 SLI. It's ridiculous that you can't run 3 monitors with two cards in SLI (unless you're doing Surround), so I got the GT 240 figuring that this would let me run the third monitor.

My config:

30" HP connected to GTX 470 1

22" HP connected to GTX 470 2

22" Dell connected to GT 240

e: So what's really happening here is bizarre.

If I connect the HP and Dell monitors to the SLI cards, the Dell stops receiving a signal when I enter SLI mode. This doesn't happen if I switch out the 22" Dell for the 22" HP. Everything is connected via DVI. So for whatever reason, the Dell monitor won't work or won't activate as a secondary monitor in SLI mode...weirdest damn thing.

How is it possible?

Last edited:
I would connect the central monitor to the primary 470 and both of the side monitors to the GT240. Make sure you have the SLI bridge connected to both 470s. I'm assuming you want SLI on the big monitor and just regular browsing/2d desktop for the sides. In your game apps nvidia control panel config you can set the game for SLI performance which will take advantage of your 470 SLI.

Second thought - you might not even need the 240, except as a dedicated PhysX processor.
Try attaching all your monitors to the 470s and see if that works better for you.

Back