wtf 144hz 27in ips?

flod

Gawd
saw this posted on blurbusters. not sure if it's real or just mislabelled

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8915344&Sku=EQD-102340853

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1043156-REG/eqd_eq278cg_27_cg_gaming.html

http://peterburholt.com/sku-part-nu...uria-eq278cg-27-led-1920-x-1080-144hz-monitor

http://www.sears.com/auria-eq278cg-27inch-led-1920-x-1080/p-SPM2624121921

so the 3ms response time could mean that it's actually tn... but where the hell does tigerdirect get 12ms from?

seems tigerdirect is the only place that mentions ips. even the types of inputs don't match up with the bhphotovideo link.... so i'm gonna guess that tigerdirect messed up the labelling with this one? AURIA EQ276W
anyone know?

Last edited:
Haha just after I bought my Swift. No G-Sync though... but this looks cheap? and specs are all over the place :D

Isn't that the model they've been selling at Microcenter?

[edit]Wait, the tigerdirect link gives a different model number than the one you have listed there - says EQ278CG.

That listing had contradictory specs all over the place. I wonder what it is, actually?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is a (probably low end) IPS panel worth it at that hideous pixel pitch? I doubt it. There's not really anything compelling about this display.

It would be good if your vision sucks. All those big pixels and big real estate. Otherwise, 1080P and 27" is pushing it for close up computer use.

But for gaming, you could always use DSR/VSR with it.

27" at 1080p isn't too bad, I used one for a while. I like the extra usable space from 1440p, but for gaming, with DSR, I wouldn't feel like there was much functional difference.

...can't you just move the monitor further back........

anyway i dont think this is really a 144hz ips monitor. probably tigerdirect just got the specs mixed up

Why is 1080P so hideous on a 27" but so gorgeous on a 60" Plasma ?

Why is 1080P so hideous on a 27" but so gorgeous on a 60" Plasma ?

You don't sit 1.5 feet away from a plasma? Also, things you watch on a plasma are generally meant to be viewed from farther away. The screen on this 27" still looks sharp and clear, but it's just larger.

27" is about as big as 1080p can go before pixels (and hence pixelation) becomes visible. It's still acceptable, just not ideal.

27" is about as big as 1080p can go before pixels (and hence pixelation) becomes visible. It's still acceptable, just not ideal.

23" 1080 bothers me, due to pixelation.. And I wear glasses, maybe you should also?

That's entirely personal preference, let's leave it at that. My eyes really don't mind 1080p @ 27".

I would buy a 27" 1080p G-Sync IPS panel in a heartbeat (assuming decent contrast etc of course). I am 99.9% positive this is not it and just some labelling error or a random shitty TN :)

I mean, I wear glasses, and I've had a 27" 1080p display about arms length from me at this desk for a while, and it's just fine. I've got a 27" 1440p display as well, and yes, it's noticeably sharper, but the 1080p is still perfectly usable. I used a 32" 1080p TV as a monitor for a while and I found the DPI there to be a little too low for my tastes (though at the time it was really nice to have a big screen for games right in front of me), but I think 27" 1080p is fine for normal monitor viewing distance.

I also used DSR on a few games on the 1080p display and found it took care of any obvious big-pixels-all-up-in-my-grill problems in them, which was the biggest issue I had. So it isn't literal interpretation of NVIDIA's marketing drivel - just speaking from personal experience. It worked as advertised, for me.

Hell no, 1920x1080 on a 27" display is hideous. It's already marginal at 24". And I don't know how you think DSR is going to make it substantially less awful unless you accept some literal interpretation of Nvidia's marketing drivel. Downsampling a high res to a low res display is absolutely no substitute for a high res display. Aliasing isn't the only factor here.

This.

Back