[WTB] Wireless N Router

neural0

Limp Gawd
My wireless router crapped out yesterday and I'm about to buy a $49 refurbished one off of Egg.

I figured I would see if anyone on here had ones they wanted to get rid of (maybe an impulse-bought ASUS RT-N65R when it was on sale for $20?). Let me know what you have, otherwise I'll probably order one by Saturday.

The main thing I care about is the wireless speed and coverage.
I don't have any devices that use AC, only N. They are a Samsung S4, S5, Microsoft Surface Pro3, and occasionally an HP TouchPad.
My network is gigabit throughout so that's another requirement.
I DON'T care about USB/apps/filesharing/printer sharing/etc. since I have a home server that handles all of that.

The one I am currently looking at is the ASUS RT-N65R Dual-Band Wireless-N750 or the Netgear WNDR4500 N900 (but this is the one that just crapped out on me and it didn't cover my entire house completely).

Thanks for lookin and feel free to reply with recommendations if I should look at other models!

I have a gen 4 Airport Extreme if that's of interest. Otherwise, bump and best of luck.

ASUS RT-N53 - 17.99.

Just upgrade to the latest firmware and you should be fine.

Edit: Nvm, gigabit requirement.

I have a Linksys E4200 V1 that I just upgraded. Its flashed with DD-WRT. It has a few cosmetic scratches on it, but works without issue. I was planning on using it as a wireless AP at some point, but don't currently have any devices that aren't connecting well via wi-fi or directly wired via Ethernet. Its yours for $40 shipped if it suits your needs. PM me if interested.

I have a Netgear WNR3500L-100NAS with DDWRT already loaded on it. Worked when I stopped using it. $32 shipped

Back