WTB: Used Summer clothing for donation to people who literally have nothing...

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
I'll buy used, Summer clothing that you don't need... anything from socks, pants, shorts, underwear, t-shirts, shirts, etc., etc., etc. Much appreciated, but nothing for Winter like jackets or heavy sweaters.

It's my way to donate to people who literally have nothing... they wear one pair of underwear and wash the other pair and hang to dry in the air, only to change the next day and wash the first while wearing the second.

I'm happy to pay for shipping and your clothing... if you have stuff that you never wear or has a small hole or rip somewhere (as long as it's still wearable in public), I will take it... you can throw everything together and I will send to local laundry service before I take it for donation. Please be reasonable... don't charge too much, but I'm happy to pay a reasonable fee for your used, old clothing.

Thank you!!!

Sizes? Men’s women’s kids? Location?

Any size. They will take kids, teens, and adults. Both male and female.

Shipping to 07013 in NJ. I’ll pay for your clothes and for shipping.

I’m taking it out of the U.S. since they need it so, so much. I know we have issues here in the States, but these people have zero options and zero opportunities.

Again, happy to pay you reasonable clothing fees and will cover ALL shipping fees.

I probably have several pairs of shorts and many t-shirts I've tried on once and never wore because I didn't like the way it felt, I'll go digging a little later and see what I have. Happy to send them to you for free since its going to a good cause and it will get them out of my dresser. How about shoes?

Any size. They will take kids, teens, and adults. Both male and female.

Shipping to 07013 in NJ. I’ll pay for your clothes and for shipping.

I’m taking it out of the U.S. since they need it so, so much. I know we have issues here in the States, but these people have zero options and zero opportunities.

Again, happy to pay you reasonable clothing fees and will cover ALL shipping fees.
I think that’s in the Paterson area, what’s the deadline? I’ll gladly get a big box together with some stuff from my families and more

Last edited:
I probably have several pairs of shorts and many t-shirts I've tried on once and never wore because I didn't like the way it felt, I'll go digging a little later and see what I have. Happy to send them to you for free since its going to a good cause and it will get them out of my dresser. How about shoes?

Shoes, as well. Just nothing really for Winter.

Let me at least pay for half the shipping... I definitely want to chip in, as well.

I think that’s in the Paterson area, what’s the deadline? I’ll gladly get a big box together with some stuff from my families and more

Beginning of March... don't have the exact dates yet, but by mid-March at the latest.

dang i need to look thru the house cause i know i have clothes that are to big for me now

I got a huge amount of big guy clothes id be happy to donate, way to big for me now.

I will look through and see what I have, having just moved to Michigan from Florida there's a lot I'm not going to have much use for going forward, or at very least need significantly less of.

I'll buy used, Summer clothing that you don't need... anything from socks, pants, shorts, underwear, t-shirts, shirts, etc., etc., etc. Much appreciated, but nothing for Winter like jackets or heavy sweaters.

It's my way to donate to people who literally have nothing... they wear one pair of underwear and wash the other pair and hang to dry in the air, only to change the next day and wash the first while wearing the second.

I'm happy to pay for shipping and your clothing... if you have stuff that you never wear or has a small hole or rip somewhere (as long as it's still wearable in public), I will take it... you can throw everything together and I will send to local laundry service before I take it for donation. Please be reasonable... don't charge too much, but I'm happy to pay a reasonable fee for your used, old clothing.

Thank you!!!
This is great! Logistically though you can get so much more for your money by going to local Salvation Army or similar stores. Shipping would not be very efficient for this.

I would encourage people to donate themselves locally.

This is a great idea.

This is great! Logistically though you can get so much more for your money by going to local Salvation Army or similar stores. Shipping would not be very efficient for this.

I would encourage people to donate themselves locally.

This is a great idea.

I second the donating locally part, and I agree with the logistical cost benefit issues - but I'll point out the OP said "This is his way of helping out" so who are we to judge what the OP does with their money? :)

I'm going to ping my wife to see what we have. I know we have a couple donate boxes laying around that I'd like to get rid of.

This is awesome. I’ll check, too. We have donated loads of clothing locally in an attempt to declutter our closets but I may have more I can come up with if for some reason you need more than what's being offered here, lol.

Sounds like you may have your hands full but hit me up or post in the thread if you end up needing more. I'll cover shipping to you if needed.

Thanks, guys. I'll take photos of everything that was donated and everyone with a smile on their face.

If you order anything from Amazon, just reuse the box and I'll pay for both your clothes AND shipping fees. The only thing I ask is donate your time by going to the post office and mail the box.

What made me do this?

We were coming back from a beach and we stopped by a local market for some snacks and beers... I saw a father walking with his son and holding the son by his hand... he looked like he had autism (yes, I know we have many kids here in the States with autism). I gave him a single pack of 6-toothbrushes and a single Crest Toothpaste for Kids. The guy had tears in his eyes and kept saying thank you... I literally got tears in my eyes. I opened up my backback and gave him all the other things I had... more toothpaste, toothbrushes, a pack of Advil, and 3 boxes of crayons. He kept thanking me and the son had this amazing smile. Fast forward five minutes... we got our beers and got back in our taxi and drove away. The guy lived 3 houses (I should call them huts, because they really were huts) down from the little store... so, three huts down... the entire family of 7-8 people came out of this little hut and waved to us with the biggest smiles on their face.

After that... I was done. I'm like... how many things I take for granted and how much do I complain, versus what these people need...

And yes, we have sooooo many issues here at home in the States... poverty and politics aside, this is still the land of opportunity and I will always treat it as such.

I am grateful for what I have... I consider myself blessed for what I have... and this reminds me to never complain and push forward, work hard, and make myself the best version of myself.

Thanks, guys!! Please - do whatever you can and I will pay for your clothing and shipping, just please be reasonable since it's out of my own pocket.

Thank you!!

I regularly donate my used cloths to the drop offs here. Been doing it for my whole adult life. My entire family always dontates used clothes, never thrown away. Thousands of dollars worth of clothing over the years. It's absolutely the best thing to do with used cloths. I also give extra food I have in my bag when I'm out and see people down on their luck asking for help. It's rough out there for some, helping is usually appreciated. Except when they reject the food and ask for money for their drug addiction, which happens more than one would think. Either way I give. Good on you OP. Positive is the best.

So, I regularly donate to Salvation Army here in Michigan, and also buy stuff at times to support the store, and they have a lot of 5 for $5 clothing sales on Fridays.
I see they have a few locations by you, based on your zip code.

https://satruck.org/DropOff/Index?zip=07013

Since you are offering to pay shipping and what not, I would pop in there and maybe buy $100 in clothing, and talk to the manager about getting a better deal and about donated items that don't put on racks?
(Stuff with small tears and obvious stains that may not be an issue for you)

It may be easier, cheaper, and score you a lot more clothing then you need. Seems better then losing money out for shipping.

Back