• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

WTB USB C Mic

devonhiee

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
May 27, 2012
Messages
198
Hi all,

Looking for a USB-C mic like Shruve. If it is dual with jack is a plus! This is for my PC so it should be able to stand on desk.

Must be a dynamic microphone with metal housing and with cardioid pattern (no condenser). It CAN NOT be sensitive. I dont want to pick up smaller sounds such as beeps. Smaller the better.

Thank you!
 
Last edited:
cheaper than $25 on amazon?
I was looking more for higher end mics like Shure. Im not knowledgeable on this field which is why I didnt name brands.

Another user did hit me up with a good mic for a good price but it was a condenser (sensitive to sound) which is the opposite of what I need.
 
If nobody bites, sweetwater has some very affordable xlr dynamic cardioid mics, and also an xlr -> usb (mini) mic adapter for $59. Also native usb mics for a good bit more:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SL75C--behringer-sl-75c-dynamic-cardioid-microphone
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MXLMicMateP--mxl-usb-mic-mate-pro-microphone-adapter
https://www.sweetwater.com/c106--Ca...ms=eyJmYWNldCI6eyJDb25uZWN0b3IiOlsiVVNCIl19fQ

They'd probably be happy to sort you out if you have more specific needs--their salespeople seem very active.
 
If nobody bites, sweetwater has some very affordable xlr dynamic cardioid mics, and also an xlr -> usb (mini) mic adapter for $59. Also native usb mics for a good bit more:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SL75C--behringer-sl-75c-dynamic-cardioid-microphone
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MXLMicMateP--mxl-usb-mic-mate-pro-microphone-adapter
https://www.sweetwater.com/c106--Ca...ms=eyJmYWNldCI6eyJDb25uZWN0b3IiOlsiVVNCIl19fQ

They'd probably be happy to sort you out if you have more specific needs--their salespeople seem very active.
Thanks! The Shruve is definitely one Id be interested but not for new price.
 
Want this? You can just have it for price of shipping. I bought it when I thought I might ride the podcaster gravy train then my friend/co-host caught the big gay so I ended up using it for Rosetta Stone lessons. Quality seems decent.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260517_034010941_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20260517_034010941_HDR.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 0
Want this? You can just have it for price of shipping. I bought it when I thought I might ride the podcaster gravy train then my friend/co-host caught the big gay so I ended up using it for Rosetta Stone lessons. Quality seems decent.
I appreciate that that is kind of you but I need to meet the specifications needed for a class

Im more interested in what you meant by "the big gay"? Lol
 
I appreciate that that is kind of you but I need to meet the specifications needed for a class

Im more interested in what you meant by "the big gay"? Lol
Think a 40-something year old man stats maxing preachy, manipulative, whiney behavior and you'll have a decent idea. Midlife crisis hit him like a brick.

Good luck finding a compatible mic though.
 
Have you looked into the Nvidia back ground noise reducer to enhance some of the Mics above? I think it was called Broadcast, but I got interested in it when working from home and my boss was kind of a jerk about WFH and would have my turn off my air purifier and fan when I talked to him on the phone. It worked so good when the dogs barked at UPS no one could hear it. One day I was gaming and had it on and accidentally whistled directly into the mic for the dogs, my team did not hear it. We tested later and found I could trick it into broadcasting the whistle if I talked at the same starting whistle volume then raised the volume to loud.
 
Have you looked into the Nvidia back ground noise reducer to enhance some of the Mics above? I think it was called Broadcast, but I got interested in it when working from home and my boss was kind of a jerk about WFH and would have my turn off my air purifier and fan when I talked to him on the phone. It worked so good when the dogs barked at UPS no one could hear it. One day I was gaming and had it on and accidentally whistled directly into the mic for the dogs, my team did not hear it. We tested later and found I could trick it into broadcasting the whistle if I talked at the same starting whistle volume then raised the volume to loud.
I cant run apps in the background (hence needing metal body, etc.) but that is a cool app thanks for letting me know!
 
Back
Top