• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WTB: SSD, AM2, WAP

wjogert

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
3,108
HEAT = wjogert
:)

WD GREEN 1Tb - 2Tb
Looking to expand my HTPC media storage. I'm in no hurry for this, so please dont waste your time with high-ball offers.
I will actually consider any brands, 1Tb or higher. Prefer low-power and SATA-II, but that's not a deal breaker.
Windows Home Server
I have Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2008 R2. I will admit that my networking skills are quite lacking, and I've never really worked with server OS. These just seem like too much hassle for my simple media server (1 server on a home network to stream movies and music to 3 computers max). Hoping Home Edition is more my flavor?
Looking to trade only at this time. (please LEGITIMATE licenses only)
LG BluRay Burner
GGW-H20L BD-R / HD-DVD ROM / DVD-R/W (NewEgg reference)
This model specifically, as it also reads HD-DVD. I currently use separate drives (one HD-DVD and one BD RW)
Open to other offers if drive meets same criteria, but I think this LG was the only one of it's kind?

<EDIT> Would also like the non-burner version of this drive (HD-DVD & BluRay read only) to keep as a spare, for the right price :p (GGC-H20L NewEgg reference)
ThermalTake Extreme Spirit II chipset cooler
slide0019_image018.gif

(or something relatively similar)
LINK
Not at this time...

SSD
CHEAP... 128Gb or larger
Not at this time...

LAPTOP HDWE
LAPTOP DDR
PC2700 / PC3200, 1Gb or 2 Gb sticks

LAPTOP DDR2
PC2-5300 / PC2-6400, 2Gb sticks

LAPTOP HARD DRIVES
SATA, 250Gb or larger
Not at this time...

Wireless Access Point
Wireless G with decent range and good reputation/reviews.

(This one on hold at moment (unless you have a blazing hot deal), since learning that I may be able to flash my current router with DD-WRT and disable the router function.)
Not at this time...

AMD motherboard
Specifically one of these two Gigabyte models:

1) GA-MA785GM-US2H (preferred)
2) GA-M61PM-S2
 
Last edited:
I have a linksys Range expander, that has WWRT load on it and it actually works much better now
Asking $38 shipped
 
I have the following:
60GB SSD
Wireless N Router with DD-WRT on it.
Complete Quad Core AM2+ DDR2 combo, but may be willing to sell the board alone.

PM me if interested with shipping zip code and payment method and I'll give u my best price.
 
i have asus m3n78 pro and xfx 750a board.also got a netgear 614 (I think) and d-link 524 router
 
I think I have a copy of WHS 2011 and the reader version of the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray drive. Will check tonight.
 
Good luck on the HD-DVD/Blu-ray drive.. I've been trying to find one or two myself.. I know Amazon has them used for over $100 and that's ridiculous..
 
I have This board which is the ddr3 version of the preferred board you want. I also have this which is a ddr2 board but a full atx board. Is there a reason for needing an am2 board over a am2+/am3? Are you running a 940 proc?
 
My HTPC has an AMD Athlon II X2 210e AM2+, DDR2, on an ASUS M3N78-VM motherboard. It runs very well, but I'm not completely satisfied with the ASUS board. I liked the two Gigabyte boards as a simple substitute.

The chassis will only support mATX.

I'm tempted by the first board you posted, although it doesn't seem to support AM2+, so I would have to upgrade CPU and RAM.
 
Last edited:
If you are interested I have a WAP54G Access Point that can be flashed to DD-WRT as well if you are interested
 
Back
Top