choppedliver
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 3, 2005
- Messages
- 479
My old dell inspiron 1720 has a Samsung SpinPoint M6 HM251JI http://reviews.cnet.com/internal-hard-drives/samsung-spinpoint-m6-hm251ji/4507-9998_7-33507995.html
which is a SATA 150 Drive. I'm assuming my controller is the same, so don't think I'm going to see any benefit from sata II or III.
The current drive is 250g, but really don't need that much. Looking to put a boot drive in there, install win 7 with a few programs.
Looking for either used or new, for sale from a member or a website, never had an ssd, not sure which ones to stay away from, haven't been keeping up with the different controllers, memor types, etc.
Let me know if you have something you would sell in good conscience , the hardforum has always done me right, or if you have a recommendation. I know I can get some off the egg for about $75, but less would be nice. Not sure which ones to stay away from off the egg.
Thanks for your help
which is a SATA 150 Drive. I'm assuming my controller is the same, so don't think I'm going to see any benefit from sata II or III.
The current drive is 250g, but really don't need that much. Looking to put a boot drive in there, install win 7 with a few programs.
Looking for either used or new, for sale from a member or a website, never had an ssd, not sure which ones to stay away from, haven't been keeping up with the different controllers, memor types, etc.
Let me know if you have something you would sell in good conscience , the hardforum has always done me right, or if you have a recommendation. I know I can get some off the egg for about $75, but less would be nice. Not sure which ones to stay away from off the egg.
Thanks for your help