WTB: Speakers/speaker parts, especially planar/electrostatic, T-amps, and more!

SpasticTeapot

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to upgrade my home stereo speakers. (The headaches just aren't worth it, and I can rationalize it with the amount I'll save on Motrin.) I'm looking especially for planar or electrostatic speakers, broken or working, or parts therof. However, I can use all sorts of speaker parts, especially many drivers sold by RadioShack when they went on clearance. Some "fullrange" drivers, especially the CSS FR125 line, RadioShack's old Fullrange drivers, or pretty much any Fostex driver would be awesome. If you've got something that's blown out, I can probbably scrap and/or repair it.

To go with said speakers, a Sonic Impact T-amp would be dandy. A de-cased or modified T-amp is fine too. A pair of Soundpads might also be spiffy.

I'm also working on a guitar amp. (I don't play guitar...I'm just that crazy.) I'd like to buy power & output transformers, guitar amp speaker drivers, broken or working tube amps, and related items.

For trade, I have 2 80GB HDD's (7200rpm/133/2mb Western Digitals; I'd prefer to just sell one), a NIB 512mb SanDisk Sansa Mp3 player (technically refurbished-in-box), and a lot of SDRAM.

And cash. I have cash. (Technically, debit-based paypal, soon to be verified.)

I have heatware under Cheesehead.

I've got a set of Magnepan MG II C speakers. They are "true" electrostatics, excellent condition. I sent them to Magnepan about 3 years ago for upgrades and had them reclothed in black. I'd sell them for $1000, no shipping! Must be picked up (Missouri).

BTW: these speakers measure 72" X 20" X 1 1/2" (counting side rails). Also have some other high end stuff available if interested (pre amp, amp, sub, interconnects, etc.)

PM if seriously interested.... if not, heres a free bump ;)

boshuter said:
I've got a set of Magnepan MG II C speakers. They are "true" electrostatics, excellent condition. I sent them to Magnepan about 3 years ago for upgrades and had them reclothed in black. I'd sell them for $1000, no shipping! Must be picked up (Missouri).

BTW: these speakers measure 72" X 20" X 1 1/2" (counting side rails). Also have some other high end stuff available if interested (pre amp, amp, sub, interconnects, etc.)

PM if seriously interested.... if not, heres a free bump ;)

1,000$ is a little high. Okay, a LOT high.

Other stuff would be sweet, though!

i have a sonic Tamp with a radioshack adapter/wall socket. It was meant for a mame cabinet that never came to be, never really used except to test. I pm-ed you.

Back