WTB - Something to improve my WiFi

I'm looking for either a Linksys wireless antenna stand for antennas with SMA connectors or a Linksys high gain antenna. Don't want to spend too much, but if the price is right then I'll also consider a wireless n card as well.

My router is across the apt in the dining room and my pc is on the opposite end with the antenna and the back of the pc facing the wall. I get frequent disconnects due to the position of the antenna and the wires and other obstacles around it. I believe an antenna stand should solve the problem so if anyone has one lying around please let me know.

Bump!

Is it a 2.4ghz wireless router? Sounds like an interference problem with cordless phones in adjoining apts. I'd look to build a cantenna.

Yes, it's a 2.4ghz router and there are no cordless phones around anywhere in the apt. There are a few wifi networks around the area since this is a college area and I've switched to channel 11 to avoid interference. I'm not so sure it's an interference problem because my roommates have no trouble with their wifi, just myself.

Back