WTB: Socket 939 CPUS

djBon2112

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking for a solid dual-core socket 939 CPU. Anything that'll do 2.2+ GHz on air is perfect. Opteron 165s or 170s are preferred but I'll take good ol' Athlons that are proven OCers.

Heat's under djbon2112 if needed.

so whats wrong with your opty 170?

so you dont want a 40$ 3000+ that the other guy has? ehhehe.. i have some opty165's but prob expensive.. 80 bux..

might have an opt 170 f/s soon. Always watercooled, conservatively OC'ed to 2.3. Never cared to take it higher. I'm sure it will go much higher. What are you looking to spend?

Heat under my username

so whats wrong with your opty 170?

so you dont want a 40$ 3000+ that the other guy has? ehhehe.. i have some opty165's but prob expensive.. 80 bux..

All standard heatsinks won't fit on it since it's delidded, and since this is my parents computer I don't want to watercool it, so I need a processor that'll work with off-the-shelf heatsinks.

I'm looking to spend maybe $80-90 USD tops, as long as it OC's nice and high.

well in that case you can always buy a lid or bunk 939 cpu and put the lid back on (i have one running like that currently) .. you can prob get a 3700+ for 20 bux got two of those recently..

well in that case you can always buy a lid or bunk 939 cpu and put the lid back on (i have one running like that currently) .. you can prob get a 3700+ for 20 bux got two of those recently..

I'd rather just go with a new CPU.

Another bump. Willing to do a straight trade for a "defective" stepping 165 or 170 (as long as it'll hit 2.2GHz - 2.4GHz) for my current delidded 170 that'll do 2.8 GHz on water.

I just bought a corei7 system, and I have an opty 165 that runs 2.8Ghz mid 50s under load, with a zalman CNPS9500 cooler. I could combo those if you want.

The opty I bought late as a budget system to hold me over to core i7 or deneb, and AMD spent too long messing around, so bye! I bought it last September, so it's just a little over a year old.

Right now it's running at 2.7Ghz.

Back