WTB: SFX 450w+ PSU

OK [H], you haven't failed me ever, so here's a hard one! I need a quality >=450w SFX PSU. I bought a system that had a bad Corsiar unit and really want to get this thing running.

Consider recapping the existing unit to make it work again? Capacitor failure in old PSUs is common, replacing them is cheap.

I have a very nice 80+ gold rated modular SilverStone 450W SFX unit that has been pulling light duty as my testbench supply. I think it even has the second set of cables for different lengths.

Sounds like that might be what you’re after?

Consider recapping the existing unit to make it work again? Capacitor failure in old PSUs is common, replacing them is cheap.
Unfortunately, it’s not the caps. I’ve started taking it apart, I think it’s one of the regulator ICs.

I have a very nice 80+ gold rated modular SilverStone 450W SFX unit that has been pulling light duty as my testbench supply. I think it even has the second set of cables for different lengths.

Sounds like that might be what you’re after?
Sounds good! Let me know a price.

Unfortunately, it’s not the caps. I’ve started taking it apart, I think it’s one of the regulator ICs.

Physical inspection won't always reveal a bad capacitor, you need an ESR meter. I've had very bad caps look fine physically but had horrific ESR and electrical leakage.

Back