WTB (& Sell): Compaq Armada M700s/ parts

jupiter57

n00b
Doing a lot of M700 refurbishing lately, and I am short a few parts to get a couple more going.
Complete units accepted if the price is right (500 mhz. + only, please)

At the moment, I am in need of complete chassis', and PC-100/133 SODIMMs, 128, 256, & 512 MB, HDD Caddies, & Multi-Bay HDD Adapters.

Will buy whole units (Above 500 Mhz. only, please), or any parts thereof.

Also, I have a plethora of parts for M700s other than what is listed above: Cases, covers, plastics , CDRoms, CDRWs, DVDs, DVD/CDRWs, Hinges, RTC (CMOS) batteries, Modems, Modem/NIC combos, AC Adapter,etc.
Also have a CDRW out of a Presario 1700T, a CDRW out of a Dell Latitude CPx Series for sale.
$25.00 ea. Shipped
Be glad to trade or sell.

Heat & Beerology under: jupiter57

Edit: Need for batteries is on hold til I sort this out.

I have a compaq Presario US705 laptop that does not work.
Screen was good before the motherboard died.

also has 128meg PC100 sodimm and 20gb harddrive.

Let me know if you would be interested?

heat is under mytime34

The US705 is a totally different family of laptops, the only thing I could possibly use would be the 20gig HD & 128 MB RAM,
But, if it's cheap enough....

pineapples10, are they OEM Compaq batteries, or aftermarket?
In the past week I have had 3 OEM batteries die & I've had to replace 2 of them.One of them was less than 3 months old!
I'm going to try aftermarket batteries & see if they hold up any better.
I just ordered 3 of of e-B*y to replace those.

Consider this today's Bump.

They look to be original Compaq batteries. I still have an M700 lying around, so I can charge them up and see how long they run if you want.

Wanna sell the M700?
Make me a package deal(?)
Depending on specs of course.

Unfortuntely my parents use it to surf the internet infront of the TV (can you tell we're American?) and I dont think they'd take kindly to parting with it. Is there a big market for the M700 or something?

No big market as I can tell, I have trouble getting my money back on the ones I do sell!
Mostly, these are Commercial grade units, and apparently they started coming off-lease a year or two ago.
I just wound up with one, then found a big box of Misc. parts for a good price, and put a few together. Now it's turned into an obsession of sorts. I keep buying parts, have some left over, then buy more parts and put another together. Buy some complete units when the deal is right!
I feel that they are one of the toughest little laptops around, and I've become quite good at tearing them down and putting them back together!

They are really quite sturdy. I bought mine a few years ago for a few hundred, as I just needed a cheap laptop for school, and this fit the bill perfectly. Anyway, if you want the batteries, send me a message, I can be flexible with the price, if need be.

Back