WTB Popcorn Hour

seancky2

Limp Gawd
Any model :D Just got 1080p TV and the XBMC on the xbox just wont do the job anymore. There was one on ebay going for 150 Buy it Now....but i waited too long :( Please submit offers :D

take another look at the WDTV media box bro, theres homebrew firmware that allows for using it WAY more thna it comes out of the box like networking and running apps on it, etc....

get the popcorn hour i tried the wetern digital hdtv it was pretty useless it wouldnt play non of my mkv, i returned it and got the popcorn hour 110 so much better way more support and plus it has network support wroth the extra money

get the popcorn hour i tried the wetern digital hdtv it was pretty useless it wouldnt play non of my mkv, i returned it and got the popcorn hour 110 so much better way more support and plus it has network support wroth the extra money

they both have the exact same hardware inside, dont be fooled by the hype, they run different firmware/software yes, but they have the same playback limitations when it comes to h264 mkv playback, the encoding cannot exceed a certain number of reframes for a given resolution, other than that...they can perform the same functions...and its so much funner to mod your box and make it do things it wasnt supposed to do than pay too much for the same hardware that does it all for you but with the same limitations...:p

I decided to get an Egreat EG-M34A on ebay for $150. Same software as popcorn hour. And WDTV is $150 at bestbuy - thing seems like garbage.

I decided to get an Egreat EG-M34A on ebay for $150. Same software as popcorn hour. And WDTV is $150 at bestbuy - thing seems like garbage.

it's certainly not junk, i ordered mine from newegg for $100, it has the same exact hardware inside as the popcorn hour and the Egreat as well....only different interface and no built in ethernet

but all you have to do is flash a custom version of firmware, pop in a $10 USB to ethernet adapter, and wham, you got wired networking....not to mention many other things you can do with it....but hey, i told you, i am sure you will enjoy the egreat, i was just trying to save you some money and be sure you didn't believe all the "junk reviews" of the WDTV because its not true at all, those people are just too cheap to buy a proper surround sound system with DTS decoding, or they never gave the thing a chance....99% of the problems with it are user error

Back